Thursday 8 September 2016

i wish i could fall asleep in a sky full of pillows with you by my side drunk on last nights purple rain

i wish i could fall asleep in
a sky full of pillows
with you by my side
drunk on last nights
purple rain
slumbering and snoring
while still wide awake
i would rise from the depths of illusion
in the middle of the night
to check upon you
the object of my desire
my love personfied in womanly form
I would caress your angular face
with my own
make sure you were still soft and as supple
as i remembered
finding tension in your neck
I would massage your shoulders
a token of helpless love
with no recompense necessary
let alone asked for
gently resting
I would smile like a hyena
your body undressed
like the flesh of a kill
with more curves than a Greek bronze statue
i would greedily run my hand down the side
of your body above your beating heart
until suddenly hit by a bolt of pure inspiration
I would traverse rocking oceans finally
resting my right palm across your flank
the battle of all 3 parts of my soul complete
reason buckling and swaying seduced by vice
I would grip your round excess in the tendons of my fingers
like a wild and reckless matador
overcome by the cries of the crowd
shining with allsorted coloured beads
drapped in blood
I would dutifully kiss your milk white forehead
and sing inaudible sonatas played on stringless violins into your ears
Like an aged man
Only then would I return to Apollo and his realm of dreams
dancing in fantasy and de-constructing my own insanity
Finally I would then resign to the cracks of destiny and fate
crawling underneath stone
intoxicated by the Dionysian vision
that Aphrodite is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment